When it comes to your physical health, having excellent oral health is very important. It is majorly concerned with your teeth, gums, and mouth.
Maintaining good dental health is to prevent complications such as tooth decay (cavities) and gum disease. A mouth without any infections or teeth problems is crucial for overall health. If your teeth are not aligned, it can lead to a lot of oral health issues and can increase the chance of developing cavities. Many people try to align their teeth at home to avoid costs but that is not a good idea at all as it may have long term deleterious effects. Instead, it is best to visit an orthodontist, specially trained for this purpose. Get to know about this in detail in the following sections.
Why One Mustn’t Align Teeth at Home
- Aligning teeth at home can cause damage to your teeth, some of which can be permanent. This is because you do not have a proper idea about how to do it.
- Moreover, your teeth might need special attention or special processes like fixing an overbite, open bite or much more. Only an expert can decide that after examining your teeth condition.
- Setting aligners or any dental gear is neither your job nor you can learn it just by seeing a video or reading a tutorial.
- Trying this at home can cause various detrimental issues like the risk of hurting yourself and making your oral health problems worse.
- Also, it can lead to long term deleterious effects like permanent loosening of teeth, reduced bone support, teeth loss, jaw fracture and much more.
Benefits of Choosing an Orthodontist
Be it dental care or general health care- DIY is not suitable. Thus, say NO to aligning teeth at home and visit a professional. Here are the benefits:
- Orthodontists are dentists with a specialisation in fixing different teeth issues, like crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, space between teeth, teeth with bad alignment, crossbites and pain of teeth and jaws that occurred because of wrong biting issues.
- They have specialisations in teeth straightening and are trained for various dental procedures.
- Orthodontists have all the modern equipment, and they go through advanced studies. They have all the relevant and latest training regarding dental issues.
- They complete three years of Masters in Orthodontics program and devote themselves to a comprehensive analysis of individuals face and facial features and their relationship to teeth and jaws.
- They have an additional certification training course conducted to provide detailed diagnosis and treatment planning of discrepancies (crowding, bad bites, etc.).
- They use cutting edge technology along with intraoral scanners to understand your oral problems. This is not possible if you try to align your teeth at home.
- Orthodontists use modern and clear aligners with advanced 3D technology to help straighten the teeth as they are invisible and can be removed and inserted easily, and there are no restrictions when using them.
- They can attend any emergency, which is impossible if you align teeth at home.
Hence, do not try to align teeth at home. Many brands are offering customized clear aligners to fix your teeth, and Flash Orthodontics is one of them. With their 1650+ certified orthodontists and award-winning TRIOS technology Flash can easily solve all of your teeth issues. So, do proper research, make the right choice by opting for an orthodontist and not for DIY at home to get an excellent smile!